New Year, New You, New Us
It’s the start of a new year and the beginning of many people’s goals. Traffic through the box will be at a sky rocket high the next couple of months, so be sure to introduce yourselves! We are all here for the same thing, to be healthy and to achieve overall fitness. A stronger community will definitely aid us in our goals, so we expect everyone to make our home – YOUR home!
Be SMART – Set your Goals!
We can’t stress enough the importance of holding yourself accountable and tracking all of your workouts. Taking the time to write down notes on each WOD, listing your weaknesses and strengths will definitely go a long way. By having these written down you can have a baseline for comparison, and start seeing your progress and what areas you need to work on to improve. Let’s use this in helping you set your goals. Keep your goals realistic, and don’t go overboard. In CrossFit you are competing against yourself, your preconceived notions, and your limits. By looking at your workout logs, you can set educated goals that are based on your past performance. Use your resources! Your coaches are here to guide you, and help you be the best athlete you can be. Make a specific goal, make sure it is measured against your past performances, it’s something you can attain without hurting yourself, it’s relevant to the sport, and time bound. You can’t start a journey without a map, and setting goals is your map for your CrossFit journey!
Save the Date!
Saturday, January 18th at 10:15am, we will be hosting a Foam Roller/Mobility Class. Dr. Edeker from Arrosti will be on-site to explain and demonstrate general foam rolling/mobility and its importance to staying injury free. This will be a great opportunity to learn the correct techniques of properly treating those sore muscles!
The Best Part of Waking Up?
Breakfast, the most important meal, should definitely be the best part of waking up! Here is one of our favorite recipes for Paleo pancakes, deliciously good and good FOR you!
Lemon Raspberry Pancakes
- 1 cup raspberries
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 3 eggs, whisked
- ½ cup almond milk + 3 tablespoons (carton, unsweetened)
- 1 tablespoon raw honey
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- ½ cup coconut flour
- ½ cup tapioca flour
- ½ teaspoon baking powder
- ½ teaspoon baking soda
- pinch of salt
- coconut oil, for greasing pan
- In a saucepan over medium heat, add raspberries, lemon juice, and honey. Mix together and let simmer. Once raspberries have broken down, bring heat to low to let thicken slightly.
- Whisk together eggs, almond milk, honey and vanilla extract in a large bowl.
- Then, while continuously whisking, add coconut flour, tapioca flour, baking powder and baking soda and a pinch of salt to the large bowl. Whisk until batter is well combined.
- Grease a large pan and place over medium heat. Once pan is hot, use a large ladle to pour a pancakes size pancake on the pan. Then use a small spoon to scoop out a tablespoon of the raspberry jam mixture and swirl it around on the top of the pancake.
- Once pancake has cooked and bubbles begin to surface on the top of the pancake, flip it. The pancake should need to cook for 2-3 minutes each side.
- Repeat with the rest of the pancake mixture.
Yields 4-5 four inch pancakes